Friday, August 31, 2007

I think I know what to do

My three commenters had wise words, and after considering my work habits and how much time teaching actually takes up, I have come up with a third alternative. I will teach again in the spring (and hold my breath for this advanced comp class again because it means small class size and only meeting on campus once a week, plus it's fun) and I will take the whole summer off. Teaching summer school really does suck up all my time, so if I take the summer off and I can use the fellowship to help with bills and pay for daycare. I'm more likely to benefit from that extra time than I am from the extra hours I would get if I didn't teach in the regular semester.

I am also happy to report that I have found a work space that is working out better than home--a local community college. I don't have the benefit of an office, but there are plenty of public spaces here where I can work. It's a lot closer than my university and it's much less distracting than home. I've been pretty productive since I started coming here. Working from home just does not work for me.

2 comments:

Oxymoron said...

Working from home hasn't worked for me either. I've had good luck alternating between the public library, local junior college, and Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

I can understand. Working from home might not work for every body. I hope you like your new workspace.

This is Joshua from Israeli Uncensored News