Tuesday, April 24, 2007

back to work

The real work starts up again today. I've done some quick checking in with school work and my students over the past two weeks, but today the real work starts--I have a shiny new batch of papers to grade. Fortunately, my class is very small this semester--only fourteen students (not counting the disappearing student who is still on the roll but has not materialized in months--there's one in every class). I meet my students one last time on Monday. They are supposed to do evaluations. I wonder how many will actually show.

I'm recovering well (though I still use the progressive verb--there is recovering yet to do). Today I'm wearing some non-maternity jeans, which makes me feel better. Of course, I only have one pair of non-maternity jeans that fit right now, but I don't mind wearing them every day. It is no fun wearing maternity clothes when you're not pregnant. And breastfeeding is now going well--no more blisters, no more scabs. Which is good because as of this weekend, there is no more Vicadin!

Many things are on the horizon. Life changing things (as if my life were not changing enough already). There will likely be lots of blogging-things-out.

6 comments:

LeLe said...

Can't wait to read more from you! I actually can't stand vicodin because it makes me itch too bad and I can't sleep. Something in it just does not agree with me and in fact, it doesn't get rid of my pain. I've tried using it for headaches and instead of being pain-free, I was all itchy. I hope your life-changing events are good ones...

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm intrigued! What's next for you?

zombieswan said...

At my newschool, there are dozens of disappearing students in my classes! It's the worst I've ever seen, and kinda weird, and I know it's not just my classes. It's the campus-- everyone thinks it's okay to be "dropin" students.

Dudes, this isn't "mom's day out." College isn't a once in a while thing.

Good luck with the papers! I can't imagine having to start back to that so soon after being new mom, and still getting up every two hours to feed... ack! You are a rockstar mommy. :)

mgm said...

Good luck getting through those papers! I had The Toddler two weeks into a semester and got three weeks off. It's a struggle but do-able if you've the right support.

Can't wait to hear what's been happenin'!

MommyProf said...

God bless you! I just finished the semester from the underworld after a baby in December, so I really do feel your pain.

L said...

I'm glad you're recovering well and particularly that breastfeeding is not problematic anymore. I had to go back to teaching my class before that issue was resolved with my oldest son. I spent a lot of time reading the books I was teaching while pumping and pumping milk for my son... I can't wait to read more about your ideas in the blog! :)