Tuesday, May 29, 2007

found a place to live

We're buying a house. It's a really nice, brand new house. Actually, right now it's a slab, but in a couple of months it will be a house. Sometimes I'm excited and sometimes it makes me so nervous I want to throw up.

On another note, summer school started today and half of my students have already logged in to the course website and started their assignments. Great sign. I like starting a new class--I'm always happy and optimistic. I love that about this career--every few months there's a clean slate and a fresh start.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for your new house and new class. Its a big step to buy a new house, but its so worthwhile! I love our new house..well its 2 years old now, but it was great watching it change each week.

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Congratulations on the house! Buying a house (even when I thought I couldn't) was the smartest (or luckiest) thing I've done as an adult.

AcadeMama said...

Feels like you're signing your life away, huh?? It really does feel good after it's all over. To know that it's *YOURS*. You can paint it pink with yellow polka dots if you like, or tear down a wall should you so desire. I'm so happy to hear you found a home, and please let me know if you need any packing/moving help. Lord knows I owe a little to the Moving Gods.

Leslie M-B said...

Congratulations on the house!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! The anxiety fades over time. When we first put an offer on a house, I was at a conference and had to fax the paperwork from the hotel. I was so nervous about taking on a mortgage that I broke out in hives--a very attractive look for a conference presentation! And that was just the offer, not even the actual purchase. Good luck, you'll have to post pictures to we can watch the transformation from slab to home!

M said...

Congrats! Sounds promising--I love the idea of a brand new house.

mgm said...

Congrats on the new house! Moving is a pain, but there's something exciting about it, too. Good luck!

Lilian said...

YAY, new homes are fun!! I know about the nervous feeling, though. I feel that way about our next home. I just won't believe it's done until the closing comes.