Friday, May 04, 2007

moving. again.

So one of the big changes on the horizon is, once again, moving. Yes, we did this a year ago. And it's sort of a surprise this time. We weren't really planning for a move, but as I wrote last summer we pretty much move every year, and it pretty much sucks. So here we go again, and I don't know where we're going. My husband is going to a different job--well, same job, different location (not sure exactly where)--and hopefully he will be less miserable there. He is not happy where he is, and that is why we're moving again. But the nice, affordable rental properties in the places we're looking are...well, they're just not there. So we met with a realtor yesterday and talked about buying. I'm not ready for that, either. And I don't know if we can even get a loan. I cried when we left the office because I'm just overwhelmed. New baby, uncertain financial future, uprooting again, dissertation still looming...and there's other work to do--I won't actually be "off" (as much as I am ever "off") until July.

Annabelle is strapped to my chest right now, happy as she can be, and I have two hands free. I should have done this sooner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel your pain. In the twelve years (YIKES) since I graduated from college, I have moved--let me count--nine times (DOUBLE YIKES). The first few times weren't too bad seeing as I/we had just about zero possessions, but the last few were less fun and I never want to move again. Hang in there.

Literacy-chic said...

Moving near? (I hope) Moving far? Either way, I know feeling settled is important. And I completely understand not knowing if you can get a loan. I hope it will turn out good for you & your family. I'll be thinking about you!!

Unknown said...

This is such the most common phrase of the day, but I am praying for you and your family. God definitely has a purpose for you guys and whatever it is it will work out for the best.

Lilian said...

Oh dear, that's definitely very very tough, but I hope it's for the best and that you find really nice place to call home! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

wwwmama said...

I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible, but it'll still be a lot of work and chaos, I'm sure. Hang in there.