Friday, April 21, 2006

A talent for scheduling

When I decided to have a child, I wanted to deliver a baby in the summer so that it would be easier to deal with teaching and classes--I was still taking a full nine-hour course load at the time. I decided to get pregnant in October so I could have a baby in July. And that's exactly what happened.

So then I decided to take a bigger gamble--shoot for the four week break between fall and spring semesters...and here we are! Baby's due in December! Even my womb respects the academic calendar.

Things will be different this time around--I'm not taking courses and I've got a whole year of teaching web-based classes ahead of me. And a toddler at my knees. Hello to a whole new world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

(There are going to be a whole lot of academic babies sharing birthday seasons! ;-D)

Anonymous said...

*blink*
egad, love, you're pregnant?
congrats!!
Amy :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's becomming a real trend among grad students, wouldn't you say? ;)

Anonymous said...

HOOOORRAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I got pregnant in October, too--good planning for not having planned. ;-)