Friday, May 19, 2006

a home and a school

We have a place to live! It only has two bedrooms, but they're large. We have enormous antique furniture, so two large bedrooms works better for us than three small ones. I am giving up my office, but that's not a big deal. It's not like I can shut the door to keep the kids out, anyway. A room of my own hasn't really happened since RB was born. It's a small town, and my new big worry is the availability of high speed internet. That's way up there on my priorities list--I don't think I could handle dial-up again.

I also found RB a preschool that looks really good. It reminded me of the one I went to when I was little. I've been reading several other bloggers dealing with preschool issues, and it is such a tough decision. Even though I liked what I saw, especially the opportunities for her to interact with older children as well as small same-age groups, I will be nervous for the next two months before she moves, and probably for a while after that. I don't know how she's going to take the changes coming her way in the next year--new house, new school, new sibling.

So I pretty much lost two days of work dealing with this stuff, but I will actually be able to work more efficiently now because two big worries are off my mind.

Five days until the big conference, 25 days until written exam (minus 4 days out of town and one day recouperating from being away from RB for so long), 32 days until oral exam, 42 days until the move, 46 days until my class starts.

No comments: