Tuesday, May 30, 2006

okay, so I'm not taking leave

So I was wrong. I am still blogging. I think I have a problem. But it's not as bad as a lot of people--I know several people who blog three or four times a day. I know this because I read their blogs three or four times a day. Okay, so maybe it is a problem.

I've been been working under the assumption that I had shown my director enough of a draft of the diss proposal that I could just submit the revised draft on the day of the written exam in a couple of weeks. So I get back from San Francisco--amazing BTW--and have a message to call. The Absent Advisor is back! And I call and he wants the diss proposal right now. Right this minute. He wants the whole committee to have the proposal before they MAKE the exam. Aack!

So last night I'm up at midnight working on it (after spending an hour on MySpace attempting to diffuse the imminent freak-out) and RB wakes up, sees the light on, and decides it must be party time. She wanders in my room with a huge smile and two big stuffed animals in her hands--she can barely walk because they are too big for her to carry easily--and says, "Mommy! Toys!" I say, "RB, aren't you supposed to be in bed asleep?" Pauses, cocks her head, rolls her eyes--she's really pondering this. Then she shakes her head and says, confidently and matter-of-factly, "No. Toys." Happy interruption of frantic work.

And the diss proposal is safely in Advisor's mailbox. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: