Friday, October 06, 2006

I feel wretched

Okay, so I did ask for some morning sickness early on to ease my fears. I got plenty. And now I should be done. And I'm still vomiting. Not fun.

I have a pile of work to do right now, and it is so hard to get work done when I feel so so bad. This is the hard part about being pregnant in graduate school--that first few months when you're so sick and so sleepy and people want you to read books and write papers and teach people things.

I have slacked off a bit in the beginning of the semester, just getting by, really, which means that I now have to be seriously on top of things for the next two months. I have a conference at the end of the month--long paper must be converted to short paper--and I have an essay due December 1 for a collection--and I keep having fears that my paper is going to be booted out in the end. I don't know why I think that--maybe because I haven't written a paper yet! And I am writing a paper for my politics of motherhood class, which should contribute significantly to my dissertation, so I'm just going to count that paper as working on my dissertation, thank you very much. And I'm applying for a fellowship, so that's a lot of work, too. My plate is full.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot say that I envy you at this moment...Hope you feel better soon. It really bites to have to work when you feel like crap.

Anonymous said...

Hang on! In situations like this one I tell myself that sometimes my well-being is more important than the paper I'm writing. Doesn't always work but at least I see it as right prioritizing :)
Papers can be revised, our physical and psychological health can't.