Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day predictions

I am not trying to spark a huge debate. I don't like ugly political blog fighting and I try to avoid it. But we're finally at the end of this especially miserable campaign period, so now I'll say something. We have a terrible governor and everyone knows it. And today he will be re-elected. Kinky stands not a chance and I regret my initial support of him because he will put the nail in the Democrat's coffin. We are dooming ourselves. More predictions: Chet Edwards (Democrat-ish) will defeat Van Taylor but I don't really feel that much better about it. And on the upside, Tom Delay is gone, and no way can Shelly Sekula-Gibbs pull off a write-in win (this might be a situation in which she regrets the hyphen). Nick Lampson will have sweet revenge after losing his job to Tom Delay's butchery of congressional districts.

No comments: