Monday, March 05, 2007

And the to-do list grows

I had whittled down my to-do list to three major items: apply for teaching award, finish final revisions of proposal and file it, apply for funding with April deadline. Of course, teaching fits in there, too, but next week is Spring Break and my next student papers don't come in until after that. So today I got an email from the editor of the book collection that I submitted to. My essay has been accepted with revisions. And don't you think you should add some Irigaray? And have it in by May 15. Aack! So add another major project to the to-do list, and it's just not getting done before the baby comes. Focus on the good news--I can now add it to my CV as a forthcoming publication. That's nice since this thing has been drawn out over a year (I'm sure that's normal, but it still feels like a long time to wait). So now I must put my nose to the grindstone.

6 comments:

supadiscomama said...

Congratulations on getting your essay accepted! That's huge! I have full confidence that you can get everything on your to-do list accomplished :)

mgm said...

Congrats! I'm sure you're feeling overwhelmed but that's exciting news. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

ehhhh yah...just add some irigaray. no problem! :)

p-duck said...

Very exciting! Congrats!

AcadeMama said...

I'm completely jealous of your soon-to-be publication - congrats!! It must feel fantastic to have all your hard work pay off in this way :-)

M said...

Congrats, and I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to just toss in some Irigaray!