Thursday, March 01, 2007

much better

I'm not nearly as pouty and dreary as I was yesterday. I took the afternoon off and then last night we all met up with some good friends for dinner. Much better.

Today I showed up on campus and asked for any spare minutes that my advisor could give me, and he worked me in between class and a dissertation defense. And he had comments on my proposal. I still have some revisions to make, but I feel much better about these and I am confident that I can get them done before the baby is born and get my proposal officially filed in time for the April funding application deadline. Better yet, he said (with a bit of coaxing from me) that I don't have time to get it all done before next Friday for the department deadline. Now I feel like I have permission not to apply for those awards, and that makes one less thing to worry about. One less thing is good news right now. I am going to apply for a different award that is not related to my dissertation, and I am determined to meet the April deadline. So I'm not being a total slacker--just realistic in my expectations. It will all work out.

1 comment:

mgm said...

Hang in there! It will absolutely work out and don't push yourself on a deadline that really isn't that important to you. Everyone I know is applying for dissertation fellowships right now, but I am not ready for that just yet. I haven't taught all year this year and it has really affected my productivity. As they say (whoever they are), don't sweat the small stuff. You have more important things to worry about.