Friday, March 02, 2007

dining out with RB

Here's a kid story for you.

We went out to eat with friends Wednesday night, and we sat on the patio at the restaurant. Like typical outdoor furniture, the chairs were metal with no cushions and had openings in the seats. RB was wearing a dress and had it hiked up because she has decided she can't sit on her dress (very attractive at church when she pulls her skirt up to her chest before she sits down). In the middle of dinner, she turned to me and said, matter-of-factly, "I'm tee-tee-ing" (apparently she did not think this one warranted a trip to the potty). I looked down and, sure enough, I saw a steady flow coming through the holes in her chair down to the floor and rolling into the grass. What to do? I just waited until she was finished and then took her to the bathroom to change her underwear. She got nothing on her dress, no puddle in the chair, no puddle under the chair--no one around even knew what happened, including the people at our table! And the mess just rolled off the porch into the grass. I think we'll sit outside from now on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! Potty training is a long way off for us. Although Luke's favorite thing do to is watch his Elmo's Potty Time DVD (which we bought to get him interested in the potty), he has absolutely no interest in actually sitting on the potty and won't even try it for a snacky reward (okay, bribe). If you knew my son, you'd know that is some serious opposition to the potty!

Lilian said...

WOW, that's an interesting story! I loathe potty training... :( It was so hard with my oldest, I can't imagine how it'll be with the youngest. Boys are harder, it's all I can tell you. You're lucky you've got two girls!

p-duck said...

heehee. I suspected as much : )

M said...

I'm laughing out load and glad that S is more than a year away from potty training.

wwwmama said...

hilarious. I can totally see it. I love when singles friends with no kids look appalled at my potty-training stories. You get so used to dealing with it all. Does your daughter ever get the accidental spray going on the potty? My daughter sprayed me today by accident, and she just started laughing hysterically.