Thursday, July 27, 2006

big and little

For two weeks, RB has been categorizing everything that she sees by size. I think that she has suddenly grasped the concept of opposites and of "big" and "little" and she is obsessed with it! The best thing that can happen in her day is to run across similar objects of different sizes--she literally yells, "Look, Mommy! Big chair! Little chair!"

I love how excited she gets when she learns something. The first color she knew was purple and for weeks she would seek out purple things and bring them to me. She wasn't even interested in other colors, just piling up purple things. Now that she knows her colors, she is on to size. She was stuck on numbers for a while, counting everything she saw, but I don't think that she understands the real concept of counting. Her little obsessions are funny. Come to think of it, though, I'm sort of like that, too.

2 comments:

L said...

Oh, that's so cute! I love it when they learn new things and put them to use.

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

My appreciations! I'm here to let you know that our professional custom paper writing services are offering absolutely original academic projects written from scratch and in accordance with your instructions! So, this way you will be continuously succeeding! This is not an advertisement, it is just our alluring proposition!