Monday, July 31, 2006

dissertation anxiety

The other issue that is bothering me--in addition to this--is that I have no confidence in my dissertation. I have an amazing topic that is very important to me and is pretty hot right now, and I know that this project has the potential to be great. But I do not have confidence in my ability to accomplish it. This is an unfamiliar feeling to me. Even setting out on a difficult and daunting project, I always know that in the end I will have done it and done it well. I can't say that about my diss. I know the questions that I need to ask, but I am really not certain that I am going to be able to answer them in any useful way. There are easier topics I could have chosen--topics that would make a good dissertation, even. But I can't turn my back on this one. At the same time, I don't know if I can do it. I have got to convince myself that is it possible very soon.

8 comments:

L said...

I felt like that for the longest time, believe me, but somehow it has slowly worked out. If you ever need someone to feel "accountable" to, I can help. I have found wonderful to read other blogs by ABD moms and several of them successfully finished last year, so I think we can too!! I'm sure that's part of the reason you're blogging, because that's a BIG reason for me (though I don't blog about the dissertation often enough).

M said...

If it helps at all, I'm experiencing something, which is why I think I'm stumped on revising my proposal.

Dissertation Writing Help said...

Whenever i see the post like your's i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other's. thanx and good job.

Unknown said...

Dissertation is a document submitted in support of candidature for a degree or professional qualification presenting the author's research and findings.

Linen shirts for men said...

Of,course! As well know, your article is very attractive, many of my friends have such thoughts, like so many people comment on your articles, look forward to your new works

SEO said...

Hey, nice blog with good info. I really like coming back here often. And wish you would create more such interesting blogs.
nehru jacket

Della Kidder said...

Anxiety can really be part of dissertation writing, and what’s important is how you would handle it. I think it would be a good idea to have a break every once in a while rather than thinking about how you would write the thesis abstract of the paper. That way, you can refresh your mind, and make sure that you can do the task in front of you.

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

I can say with confidence that this article is truly fascinating! Have you ever tried this paper writing service for your personal academic purposes? It's very easy, cheap, affordable, and, of course, fast!