Sunday, February 26, 2006

For my fellow Grey's Anatomy obsessors


LOVE the change in narrator at the end of the show. I vote for George to be the narrator from now on. But then they'd have to change the name of the show to O'Malley's Anatomy. And thank you for the cute doctor liking George. I was curious how the writers would handle the aftermath of the Mer/George hook-up--it's tricky to allow the main character to screw over such a likeable supporting character. It's going to take a lot to put McDreamy back in the forefront, though. George is way more interesting at this point. The ensemble is so strong that Mer is starting to blend in with everyone else, too. I like that. I actually think Meredith herself is not that great of a character--boringly Freudian neuroses.

Great show. My new guilty pleasure. Of course, I could always pretend I'm researching popular culture. I fully expect a CFP to come up for a Grey's Anatomy conference any day now.

Edited for retraction: After further consideration, I will retract my criticism of Meredith Grey. She is a great character--it's nice to see a character that makes real mistakes. The writers are good at keeping audience sympathy for her. But I am bored with the way she handles conflicts with her parents by having sex with the first person she sees. And that's what this whole episode was about. I was not really interested in the way she handled the George situation--I just wanted to see how George handled the Meredith situation.

No comments: